8.18.2014

Oh Heck. .

So, I know I'm not the only one who has trouble with masculine cards and when I make them they always tend to be very, very distressed and with trucks. haha. This card was a step out of that rut haha. I didn't have a fish stamp so I found some in a patterned paper from this paper pad. I used watercolour cardstock and a few distress inks to create my background. Then I cut a piece of patterned paper from a Simple Stories pad to get the sandy bottom. I then heat embossing the sentiment with gold embossing powder. (The sentiment is from a Studio G stamp which I unfortunately can't link)

 I added the fish next. One flat one popped up and my favourite part is how the bottom fish is tucked behind the sentiment. I took my craft knife and cut around the letter so I was able to tuck it behind. Then I popped up his head so it looks like he's coming from behind it. To finish it off, I matted it with a piece of patterned paper.


Links to Supplies Used:


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card!! The fish look great and love the embossing too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete